12.03.2008

My favorite things. I'm going to do a few posts under the heading of my favorite things.

While there are a lot of things on these shelves, the actual case is one of my favorite things. It was a goodwill find for $25 dollars during a time when that was a lot of money. It was covered in dark, slick varnish and had nasty paneling on the back. So I sent it home in a van to my parents house and refinished it over the summer I was living there. I stripped and sanded and stained it ORANGE. Then I restained for a custom blend. (I liked it so much - I tried to repeat the same "custom" job on our coffee table...) Then I put a new back on it, stained the same. I love the shape - its so 1940's with a curved front. Its been a bookshelf, an nightstand, and now is a buffet for the dining room.

No comments: