10.06.2008

I went to a middle school to talk to art students about architecture today - both the career and the buildings. After showing them a lot of old buildings and talking about what I do on a daily basis, a girl asked me "what's your inspiration?" and I kind of fumbled. I observe the world daily through my eyes and hopefully absorb the view, but some days, certain weeks it fails to recall. I guess that's partially why I started this blog; as an inspiration to myself. To find the unusual, the inspiring, the absurd and the beautiful. Lately its hard to find. Maybe its not there, but more likely, I'm not looking hard enough - busy, busy, too much to do. So today I pull out this picture that is from our recent vacation. Trees so big that they have always been there and they force you to stop and absorb.

ps - I didn't score the most in the blackout round of Sarah Palin bingo - my boss actually got bingo with "hockey mom".

No comments: