6.13.2008

6.12.08

Yesterday I participated in a Habitat for Humanity Women's Build day. It was exausting. And muddy. When I was little, I used to categorize mud; similar to how biologist order plants and animals, but I was only 3 or 4 and didn't know that there were 5 kingdoms or what a species was. It was pretty advanced though - I know mud. So yesterday I was flashing back to this time in my life when it was so simple. This kind of mud made good mud-pies, that kind made better mud-balls. Of course the best mud was "dinosaur mud" which was only available at my day care in their driveway. They were essentially puddles that got a skim coating on top and that was the champagn of mud - silky texture, didn't dry up too fast, perfect. Yesterday the mud was sticky and my shoe almost came off...I don't remember what I called that kind.

No comments: