6.22.2008


We were in chicago for the weekend - I on business and Brandon got to come along for the downtown location. He spent the whole weekend wandering around and I spent mine sitting in seminars, getting inspired. This is my favorite image and place from the whole weekend and it inspires me too. This fountain at Millenium Park is the best work of contemporary public art/architecture I have experienced and we returned again and again. There is lush grass and a magical bean, but the fountain is the crowning achievement...kids go nuts for this fountain! They are excited and scared and up late and mesmerized by the water and the lights and the images. They run back and forth, screaming with excitement and their parents just look on in amazement. This is what architecture should be.

No comments: