5.26.2008

5.24.08


Grand Marais for the weekend. My parents' woods is an old junk yard. Not in a trashy way...well ok, probably used to be trashy, but they didn't cause this problem. There are rusty old machines, cans, kitchens, I think there is even a car. (Don't worry, we always had tetnus shots as kids). Lately I've taken more pictures of the junk in their back-yard than the lake when I'm up there visiting. I just can't resist the rusted gems tucked away underground, with just a bit poking out or a barrel with a tree growing inside. This theme runs great in the northwoods - unexpected beauty. Of course there is beauty all around you, but I try to look for the surprising, because it is always unforgettable.



1 comment:

ca said...

I really like your blog. Isnt it nice to find new lost treasures. So much fun to explore places that no one else knows about. Kind of like it was just put there for you to discover and enjoy. Better than nature in some ways.